As Designer-Webmaster you are a key member of the European marketing team carrying design and (web) projects from concept to completion. You propagate our brand and communication strategy by creating a wide variety of communication material (digital, paper, print, video, and web graphics,…).
Multitalented designer & webmaster M/V (Permanent – Fulltime)
All - Belgium
- Looking for the hybrid combination of using your creative, aesthetical skills for communication and technical skills of mastering design tools and code? ?
- Are you eager to help a fast-paced scale-up in gaining traction by being the driving force behind the conception of our brand image and communication materials?
- Do you love a no-nonsense, respectful, and transparent culture?
Three times yes, then we are looking for you. OTRA (On The Road Again) is a Belgian scale-up that offers solutions for some major pain points of the European transport sector. The mission: Improve the truck drivers’ lives and offer peace of mind to transportation companies.
By connecting drivers, transport companies, and parking areas in real-time OTRA secures a well-deserved, safe, resting area for drivers. The founders have built up a valuable track record thanks to their solid C-level experience. They rapidly gained investor confidence and obtained significant participation of investment companies PMV and Alychlo, which became shareholders.
They confirm expectations and have been awarded as the Most Innovative Start-up Award at Alychlo Awards Evening in September 2021.
You use your design skills to develop creative concepts and to define from scratch the look & feel and structure of the material. You also have the technical capabilities to produce these deliverables with the right tools (coding for newsletters, landing pages, web pages, banners,…). Moreover, you will conceive illustration files and design materials for all types of content (whitepapers, corporate presentations, contracts, print files for collateral,…).
Together with your marketing colleagues you maintain and enhance www.weareotra.com & all online communication by boosting pages and features, altogether ensuring the coding standards are met in terms of performance and SEO. You oversee the information architecture & ergonomics (site architecture, page schematics, navigation schemes, site map, wireframes, user scenarios, prototypes of www.weareotra.com and implement web UIs from conceptual designs.
The ideal candidate is a flexible centipede with a proactive mindset that supports the success of our talented team and our drive to scale-up rapidly. When you see something that needs to be done, you take it on without thinking twice. You should be able to reason your way through issues that crop up but are also willing to raise your hand and ask for help when needed. You have the experience and maturity to take a project from design to launch with minimal oversight and assistance (though of course, the team is here to support you when you need it). You show flexibility, are able to plan & prioritize high workloads, and to meet tight deadlines while keeping stress levels down.
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- Formal graphic design training
- A minimum of 2 years of design experience, ideally in an international B2B tech (SaaS) environment (start-up / scale-up)
- Excellent knowledge of common industry applications (i.e., Adobe, WordPress, Mailchimp, google analytics – to complete here )
- Understanding of production, pre-press, print, and web-based technologies
- General knowledge of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards, best practices
- Responsive design thinking comes as second nature to you
- Experience working with WordPress, video editing software & Printing suppliers
- You are an excellent communicator who is fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of other European languages such as French, German, Spanish, Polish or Romanian is a clear advantage.
Place of employment
Tiensesteenweg 116, 3360 Bierbeek
This is a full-time position where the work can be performed within a hybrid setting with 2-3 days per week on-site, or occasionally more if required.
Why would you join?
It’s a work-hard, play-hard environment where people have lots of fun. Most important, everybody works together respectfully targeting the same goal! You have a chance to be part of a highly skilled and talented team who will support you in building experience and developing your personal growth capital. We offer an attractive salary including 13th month and extensive fringe benefits like hospitalization and group insurance, cell phone & laptop plus provider cost reimbursement, Eco-cheques, …
For applications, we would like to receive your CV and portfolio at [email protected]